On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Achal Prabhala <aprabh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Pradeep maintains a personal blog and wrote up his thoughts on the WCI
> report earlier shared with this list:
>
> http://pradx.me/2012/05/22/**wikiconference-india-2011-**
> report-more-personal-thoughts/<http://pradx.me/2012/05/22/wikiconference-india-2011-report-more-personal-thoughts/>
>
> This is in the context of:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/**wiki/Grants:WM_IN/**WikiConference_India_2011/
> **Report<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:WM_IN/WikiConference_India_2011/Report>
>
> I appreciate his perspective very much, and I believe it's worth thinking
> about seriously - Pradeep confirmed that he doesn't mind me sending the
> link to this list.
>
> More than just providing a fuller perspective on the WCI report, I am
> particularly moved and distressed by the fact that his decision to retire
> (I hope temporarily) is based on the harsh politics he encountered while
> working in the movement; a situation that is far from ideal and surely
> something that is affecting more people than just him. There's a lot to
> reflect upon and learn from here.
>
> Best,
> Achal

Ohai Achal

Long time no see. I hope all is well. Almost as eloquent as before, and why
won't you be.

So, I have tried to follow what has been going on lately. Pradeep retired a
while ago from the lists, than from his WP account, I'm not sure what
changed now. As I see it the report and his comments don't conflict each
other much, he did sign off on the report as far as I know.

Anyway, I don't know what you mean by "harsh politics", perhaps you can
elaborate a little, I am vexed. How can we reflect and learn if we don't
know what the problem is. I have been insulated from the recent
developments, the last thing I commented on was Barry posturing against
Ashwin. I did hear something about Pranav recently but I'm sure you already
know. Please enlighten me.

Regards
Theo