Dongles are a good idea for another reason: it avoids getting entangled
with the wikipedia security feature against admitting drone registrations.
If newbies register using their own dongles, the gate won't be flagged.

Of course, the organisers will already have applied for an exemption (and
if not, please do so asap), so it isn't a critical issue, but it is good to
have an alternate plan on standby.

--
Vickram
Fool On The Hill
On Nov 30, 2012 12:05 PM, "Nitika Tandon" <ntan...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On 29-Nov-2012, at 4:20 PM, Pradeep Nair wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks, Nitika.
>
> It might also be a good idea to ask participants to get their dongles as
> backup.
>
> Also, please keep us informed on the GLAM discussions, as this may be of
> interest to some of us on this list, like me. :)
>
> Pradeep
>

> Good idea Pradeep. Shall do that!  :-)
>
> In addition, GLAM meeting with State Central Library is scheduled for 13th
> Dec 10.30am. Please let me know if anyone would like to join, maybe we can
> organise a Google hangout as well.
>
> Thanks
> Nitika

  • ... Pradeep Nair
    • ... Nitika Tandon
      • ... Vickram Crishna
        • ... Frederick FN Noronha * फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या * فريدريك نورونيا
          • ... Nitika Tandon
            • ... Nitika Tandon
              • ... Debanjan Bandyopadhyay
              • ... Outofindia