Wikipedia’s Sexism Toward Female
Novelists<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/opinion/sunday/wikipedias-sexism-toward-female-novelists.html?emc=tnt&tntemail1=y&_r=0>
 by Amanda Filipacchi
New York Times, Published: April 24, 2013

I JUST noticed something strange on Wikipedia. It appears that gradually,
over time, editors have begun the process of moving women, one by one,
alphabetically, from the “American Novelists” category to the “American
Women Novelists” subcategory...

Wikipedia’s
Sexism<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/opinion/sunday/wikipedias-sexism.html?emc=tnt&tntemail1=y>
by Amanda Filipacchi
New York Times, Published: April 27, 2013

Early last week I noticed something strange on Wikipedia. It appeared that,
gradually, over time, the volunteer editors who create the site had begun
moving women, one by one, from the “American Novelists” category to the
“American Women Novelists” subcategory. ... s soon as the Op-Ed article
appeared, unhappy Wikipedia editors pounced on my Wikipedia page and
started making alterations to it, erasing as much as they possibly could
without (I assume) technically breaking the rules. They removed the links
to outside sources, like interviews of me and reviews of my novels....

--
Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur