Hi Asaf,
Nice to know. Is there any plan of this team to come Bangladesh? We are
very happy if the team able to come & meet with our Wikimedians.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 7:02 AM, Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Dear Indian Wikimedians,
>
> I pleased to announce a group from the Wikimedia Foundation will be
> visiting India next week, staying in Bangalore from Feb 10th through Feb
> 16th.
>
> The group includes:
> 1. Garfield Byrd (WMF's Chief of Finance and Administration)
> 2. Anasuya Sengupta (WMF's Senior Director of Grantmaking)
> 3. Sydney Poore (volunteer member of the Funds Dissemination Committee
> [FDC])
> and will be joined in India by WMF Trustee Bishakha Datta.
>
> (I had also been intending to come, but am prevented this time around due
> to unexpected issues securing a travelling visa to India.)
>
> WMF staff have been visiting partner organizations and communities over
> the past few months, to learn more about their context, achievements and
> challenges.  More recently, FDC members have been joining them in this
> effort. Currently, WMF staff and FDC members are visiting Germany.
>
> One purpose of this visit is to conduct working meetings with the
> Foundation's two major partners and grantees in India: the Wikimedia India
> (WMIN) chapter and the Centre for Internet and Society (CIS), operating the
> Access To Knowledge (A2K) programme.
>
> Additionally, we would like to meet as many Wikimedians as we can, via a
> community meetup in Bangalore, and to make ourselves available over digital
> channels (at least taking advantage of being in the same timezone) to
> community members across India, via open group discussions over IRC.  We
> are also open to discussion with any interested smaller groups or
> individuals, over Skype, Hangout, or telephone, time permitting.
>
> We have put up a rough agenda page up on Meta:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMF_India_Visit_Feb_2014
>
> Please feel free to sign up for the meetup or the conversations, and to
> raise topics you would like to see addressed, on the talk page.
>
> We greatly regret that logistical issues are preventing us from visiting
> other communities in person this time around, and from attending the Telugu
> community's 10th anniversary celebrations in Vijayawada.
>
> Cheers,
>
>    Asaf Bartov
> --
>     Asaf Bartov
>     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>

> https://donate.wikimedia.org

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive*
Administrator | Bangla Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Social Media Interaction Expert &
Assignment Reporter | The Daily Prothom-Alo <http://www.prothom-alo.com>
Bangladesh Ambassador | Open Knowledge Foundation Network
<http://www.okfn.org>
Treasurer | Bangladesh Open Source Network (BdOSN) <http://www.bdosn.org>
Task Force Member | Mozilla Bangladesh <http://www.mozillabd.org>
fb.com/nhasive | @nhasive <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive