Folks,

As an outside observer, may I encourage everyone to try to keep this one
thread about its one, original topic?  Abhinav, I found your responses
defensive and distracting -- listing other issues and other groups about
which concerns can be raised is a very poor response to *this* concern
raised on this thread.  By all means, raise those concerns if you want to
pursue them (rather than merely use them as distraction on this thread),
*in a separate thread*.

I encourage the WMIN EC, which is the body accountable to its membership
and to the broader communities in India, to address Bodhisattwa's concern
directly and politely, as befits an organization aiming to be
representative of the entire movement in India.  *Please* don't respond
with bluster, nor with [[whataboutism]].  If there was some poor governance
or inappropriate decision-making involved here, just own up to it,
apologize[1], and commit to doing better.  Everybody would appreciate you
for doing the right thing.

If the appearance Bodhisattwa's concern responds to is *incorrect*, by all
means, calmly respond with the facts as they are and demonstrate to the
community that there is nothing to be concerned about.  Also reflect on how
that appearance was created despite everything being okay, and what can,
and should, be done to prevent such appearances in the future. Thinking
about this, and sharing your conclusions, would also, I dare say, be
welcomed by the community on this mailing list.

I look forward to this matter resolving peacefully one way or another, but
please, let us stick to the substance of *this* thread on this thread, and
let us be fair and honest and avoid manipulative arguments and insinuations.

Warmly,

    Asaf

[1] may I humble offer an essay I once wrote on the power of apologies for
our movement? it is here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/So_you%27ve_made_a_mistake_and_it%27s_public...