Thanks for the reply, Bodhisattwa. I have given my viewpoint. I guess
its for the Bengali Wikimedian community now to decide whether or not
the current limits of edits are a barrier or not. And of course
consider any other points of view put forward too.

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 4:00 PM Bodhisattwa Mandal
<bodhisattwa.rg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ashwin,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with other things.
>
> What I wanted to say that this user group values online contribution the most
> because at the end of the day, Wikimedia is an online project and the
> volunteer online community is the heart of the movement. That doesn't mean
> that those who contribute offline cannot be a Representative Member, but for
> that he or she has to do a certain amount of editing, as I said in my earlier
> mail, that one who contributes online for a long time understands the
> community dynamics and the issues better. We completely understand that edit
> count is not the best criteria to evaluate, but that's the only parameter we
> have right now. 10,000 is just a number which denotes consistency and
> dedication to the movement, and unlike many affiliates, we want dedicated
> Wikimedians to lead us to the right direction. If there is disagreement with
> the number 10,000, we can discuss and work upon that. It is not an
> unchangeable parameter at all.
>
> Regards,
> Bodhisattwa
>
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2019, 16:33 balaji <balajijagad...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bodhi
>>
>> Just curious to know what is the meaning of non bot edit. ? Will the semi
>> automatted edits come under non bot or bot edits ? Also the automated edits
>> using different applications done under a non bot account will it come under
>> non bot edit or bot edit ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> J.Balaji.
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019, 10:56 AM Ashwin Baindur <ashwin.bain...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just saying... tens of thousands of edits seems far too large a number
>>> for a person to qualify for membership of your EC. Gives substance for
>>> the argument of number of edits being used to exclude people by
>>> drastically reducing the number of people qualified. Arguments about
>>> "process" accepted by a community does not hold water. Much more
>>> logical would have been a fairly large number so that EC members are
>>> experienced but not so large that people can be kept out on that
>>> pretext, such as 3000 to 5000 range. Ten thousand image uploads to
>>> Commons is rubbish. Hardly anyone can put up a thousand images or more
>>> which are of encyclopedic value. Commons is not meant to be a place
>>> where thousands of images are dumped without reference to quality,
>>> utility, educational value etc.
>>>
>>> I don't edit on Bn WP and my User name is AshLin. I applaud good work
>>> done by individual editors of Bengali community and in some cases by
>>> the community as a whole. But I am just being frank here in telling it
>>> like it is.

>>> --
>>> Warm regards,
>>>
>>> Ashwin Baindur