Dear fellow Indian Wikimedians,

Would you know if there are Tibetan language (bo) Wikimedia project editors
in India? I ask because presently Tibetan is not listed in the set of what
we consider language wikimedia communities concerning India.

In India, Tibetic people are found in the regions of Ladakh (Ladakhi and
Balti), Spiti valley, Uttarakhand (Bhotiya), Sikkim (Bhutia), and Arunachal
Pradesh (Khamba, Lhoba and Monpa people). There are also nearly 100,000
Tibetans living in exile in India since 1959.

(Please see:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibetan_people#In_India)

It is highly unlikely that the Tibetan community, which has the maximum
population in Tibet proper, and which uses the Tibetan script for writing
the language, would get any support in their homeland. As we have lakhs of
Indian citizens of ancestral Tibetic origin who belong to this community
and most likely use these Tibetan language (bo)  Wikimedia projects in
India, we need to look out for them.

Ashwin Baindur (User:AshLin)