Hi Asaf,

Thank you for the heads-up about the Chapters Conference.

We will use these tips while preparing our presentation for the conference
plus getting the most out of the other sessions.

Regards,
Stephen.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
>
> Congratulations on picking your delegates, and special thanks to Oscar
> Limoke for taking mature leadership of the nomination process!
>
> A couple of quick tips about making the most of the Berlin conference:
>
> 1. Make sure your presentation is brief and informative -- take a look at
> some sample ones from last year to get a sense for what's appropriate.
>  Basically, one slide of numbers -- membership, important dates in the
> chapter's history (one is coming up ;)) -- a couple of slides on past
> projects, and a couple more on current plans and future projects.  There
> are _many_ chapters, and little time, so you really will only have about
> three minutes!
>
> 2. The presentation is just the official bit.  Most of the value comes
> from _participation_ in discussions, and from informal interactions during
> the breaks, in the evening, etc.  So DON'T BE SHY!  Be sure to mingle and
> share.  If you find yourself idle, just walk up to someone you don't know
> yet and introduce yourself! :)
>
> 3. As you have two delegates, and as the conference has multiple parallel
> tracks, don't be tempted to stick together; make sure each delegate attends
> a different session, so the maximum amount of learning can be gained for
> WMKE and shared when your delegates are back.
>
> I look forward to meeting Stephen and Alex again in Berlin.
>
> Cheers,
>
>    Asaf
>

> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Limoke Oscar <oslim...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>> Thank you so much for your participation in the poll. Thank you too for
>> all \the eligible and energetic members of WMKE who showed interest in
>> representing us at the Chapters Conference in Berlin.
>>
>> I would like to present the poll results:
>>
>> PS: I did note personally partake in the polls and I have shared the poll
>> results with Abbas.
>> I have scrambled the order of polling up to maintain the CONFIDENCE of
>> the participants.
>>

>> [image: Vote Results.JPG]
>>
>> So Officially Stephen and Alex will be our representatives to the
>> Chapters Conference in Berlin this year.
>>
>> PS: Alex,
>> I understand you have some history with the German Embassy, should their
>> arise a problem, I would like David to be on standby.
>>
>> Abbas will notify Harel and you should make it your own responsibility to
>> start making travel plans and being updated on the conference (
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Conference_2012) including
>> adding your details.
>>
>> Please make presentation plans about the State of our Chapter( its a
>> strictly 3 min ppt)
>>
>> Once again thank you so much for your time and participation
>>
>> Yours,
>> --
>> Limoke Oscar,
>>

> --
>     Asaf Bartov
> [...]

*"Better Late Than Never, But Never Late is Better"*

My Blog <http://uwanja.wordpress.com>   |  @uwanja
<https://twitter.com/#%21/uwanja>|
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/swanjau>   |

This message represents the official view of the voices in my head.

<<Vote Results.JPG>>