Well observed, Stephen; especially in election years there is a lot of
tampering, obvious or non-obvious, to articles about politicians and
parties. Hopefully the problem in the Swahili Wikipedia is not very big,
but the English Wikipedia is bigger and more difficult to keep an overview
over.

I would suggest that you reach out to the NPOV
noticeboard<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Neutral_point_of_view/Noticeboard>,
the Counter-Vandalism
Unit<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Vandalism>and
perhaps WikiProject
Politics <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Politics> to
make people aware that it is an election year in Kenya, and that they
should help you keep a watch on related articles.

2012/5/26 Stephen Wanjau <stevewan...@wikimedia.or.ke>

> Hello,
>
> Being an election year here in Kenya I took it upon me to watch some
> politicians pages especially for those who have declared that they would be
> running for the top seat (presidency).
>
> I have noted that some guys have been vandalizing some of the pages with
> propaganda and malicious wording. These vandals have been doing this
> anonymously and the only trails they leave is the IP addresses.
>
> For instance, how does one put in Kalonzo Musyoka's article that the link
> to his homepage is musaliamudavadi.com?See [1] below.
>
> Wikipedia should be neutral as it always has been. Orange Kenya just
> launched Wikipedia Zero and the citizenry will definitely want to look for
> local content on Wikipedia, and top among them will be the presidential
> hopefuls due the political heat in the country. If they come across such a
> silly and malicious mistake then the reputation of Wikipedia will
> definitely be tarnished or it would lose respect.
>
> To that end, we need to lay down measures to prevent this from happening
> now and in the future. The Wikimedia Foundation is trying to penetrate the
> global south and gaining trust is key to this success.
>
> regards,
> Stephen.
>

> en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kalonzo_Musyoka&diff=next&oldid=491169504

mvh
Jon Harald Søby <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by>