There is (or at least, should be) discussion going on on meta about
board election rules and membership. It's important for everyone to
contribute to those discussion - if you don't, don't expect anyone to
listen to your complaints after the fact! This particularly applies to
the board who all agreed to contribute to the discussion 3 days ago
and have been silent since - I know you're all working hard with other
things, but discussion takes time, we need your input as soon as
possible so people have a chance to reply. Decisions need to be made
sooner rather than later and there is a lot to discuss before we can
finalise anything.

The relevant talk pages are:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_UK_v2.0/Membership
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_UK_v2.0/Election_Rules