2008/12/14 AndrewRT <ratur...@yahoo.co.uk>:
> I just wanted to hear everyone's views about the role Wiki UK Ltd
> played in responding to the IWF issues.
>
> The general consensus among the Board was that we shouldn't really get
> involved as we didn't yet have chapter status. Individuals were
> encouraged to do what they could but the Board decided to stay stum
> itself and leave David and others to take the lead. Is everyone
> comfortable that that was the right decision?

Yes, no doubt about it.

> Presumably once Wiki UK is recognised as the chapter you would expect
> it to take more of a lead?

Probably. Details need to be decided on a case by case basis, but I
think part of WMUK's role is to represent the UK community. That
includes speaking for the community (although not the WMF, of course)
in these kind of matters. I think WMUK would say the same kind of
things as David did, just with a more official looking caption on the
screen.