That particlar image is not GFDL, It is (I believe) this image:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hpim3526.jpg

The license says "The copyright holder of this file allows anyone to use it
for any purpose, provided that credit is given and copyright is
attributed..", so it is certainly a violation of Marko Petrovic's copyright.

I don't think that the violation is malicious, just them being slighty lazy
and assuming the copyright lies with "wikipedia", they are not trying to
claim it as their own. Therefore the first thing would probably be to write
them an email pointing out their error and asking them to amend the page.

James