At 15:00 -0800 24/2/09, AndrewRT wrote: >On Feb 24, 1:46 am, geni <[email protected]> wrote: >> 2009/2/24 AndrewRT <[email protected]>: > > >> > Just reading the news online and came across this article: >> > > >http://euobserver.com/851/27587 >> > > > Look closely and you can see the picture cites "wikipedia" >> > > > I know pictures often cite "AFP" like that - but is this enough under >> > the GDFL? If not, what is the procedure for reporting copyright > > > abuses? >> > > > Andrew > > > > Normally we poke the author of the image and ask them. > > > > -- > > geni > >"We" being who exactly? Is there a group of people (volunteers or >officials) who take it upon themselves to do this? > >Andrew
I am often asked, but it does not matter if one of my FLICKR images is used under a CC licence with reasonable attribution. My main bugbear is that I have to set the attribution style... http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/deed.en_GB "Attribution. You must give the original author credit." I am told that I have to define how that credit is done. Gordo -- "Think Feynman"///////// http://pobox.com/~gordo/ [email protected]/// _______________________________________________ Wikimedia UK mailing list [email protected] http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org
