At 15:00 -0800 24/2/09, AndrewRT wrote:
>On Feb 24, 1:46 am, geni <geni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  2009/2/24 AndrewRT <ratur...@yahoo.co.uk>:
>  >
>>  > Just reading the news online and came across this article:
>>
>  > >http://euobserver.com/851/27587
>>
>  > > Look closely and you can see the picture cites "wikipedia"
>>
>  > > I know pictures often cite "AFP" like that - but is this enough under
>>  > the GDFL? If not, what is the procedure for reporting copyright
>  > > abuses?
>>
>  > > Andrew
>  >
>  > Normally we poke the author of the image and ask them.
>  >
>  > --
>  > geni
>
>"We" being who exactly? Is there a group of people (volunteers or
>officials) who take it upon themselves to do this?
>
>Andrew

I am often asked, but it does not matter if one of my FLICKR images
is used under a CC licence with reasonable attribution. My main
bugbear is that I have to set the attribution style...

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/deed.en_GB

"Attribution. You must give the original author credit."

I am told that I have to define how that credit is done.

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/