Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I've been responsible for some discussion at
the BBC about a possible contribution to the Wikipedia project from the
BBC - I think it's come up on the list too. There's no hard proposal or
plan, just an ongoing discussion of the appropriate relationship of a
national public service content creator and the leading free knowledge
source on the net.

There's been some discussion of a 'BBC Wikipedia Club' for wannabe
contributors/editors who work at the BBC, about more formally gifting
content to Wikipedia and - more ambitiously - about hiring a 'Social
Media Editor' to manage the corporation's relationship with Wikipedia
and other open media sources.

Question: would it be appropriate for one or more BBC people with an
interest in collaboration to come along to the AGM? If so, should we
bring a formal contribution or just sit quietly at the back? If not, is
there a more appropriate forum we could get involved with?

Steve

Some relevant blog posts here:
http://commonplatform.co.uk/index.php/2009/01/09/the-bbc-should-engage-w
ith-wikipedia/