Hi all,

At the last meeting, Tango made the good suggestion that I start
sending out summaries of the board meetings, including the
interesting points and questions that we would like your views on.
This email is the first of those - I'll endeavour to send these out
closer to the board meeting in future (i.e. within ~ 24 hours of the
meeting).

The bullet point summary of the interesting parts of the meeting (and
some points from previous meetings) is:
- Seddon is in discussion with the Manchester Tourist Board with an
eye to bidding for Wikimania 2013 in Manchester
- Seddon and Steve Virgin are looking for potential locations for the
WMUK conference to be held with our next AGM
- Steve is also pursuing leads for collaboration with companies/other
non-profits/schools
- We now have a Paypal account which you can donate to - see http://
uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Donate
- We will be sending our response to HMRC soon.  We're also
soliciting pro bono lawyers.

We'd like your views on the following questions:

How widely available should the Register of Members be amongst the
Board? We now have an internal board wiki which we currently have the
Register of Members on, such that it is available to all of the
Board. Does anyone have any objections to this?

How many of the Board should have access to the Paypal account? We
ask this because Paypal lets anyone with access to the account make
transactions (e.g. buying things off eBay), and if we set up a direct
debit link to our bank account this potentially means that there is a
way around the current system requiring two signatures for
expenditures. Something similar exists with access to the account via
online banking. Would it be worth us making a resolution that states
that approval from the board (either via a board meeting, or email)
must be obtained prior to any outgoing transactions via online
banking or paypal?

Thanks,
Mike Peel