On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 20:03 +0000, David Gerard wrote:
> 2009/12/1 Douglas Gardner <microchi...@btinternet.com>:
>
> > From a personal point of view, having a really whacky colour would be nice
> > -- like a vibrant pink logo, รก la Amnesty International's colour schemes
> > (but WMUK :)).  However, I doubt that the Wikimedia Identity Guidelines
> > would let us.
> > Perhaps a logo such as [love needed], although that's more of an inside
> > joke? There's some alternative fundraising banners floating around at Meta
> > that we could adapt if we wanted slogans. A WMUK logo with a monospace "<3",
> > as we're internet based, washed out in the background?
> > http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_visual_identity_guidelines
>

> If we come up with rough consensus on something plausible, it wouldn't
> hurt to at least ask WMF about a logo variant.

Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission. ;-)

If you're prepared to quickly take down anything deemed too horrific you
should not have any issue experimenting with logo design variants. Based
on the current fundraiser, I think the volunteers can do better than
most pro advertising agencies. It's in the metrics the ad agencies are
really good for.

--
Brian McNeil
<brian.mcn...@wikinewsie.org>|http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil