Thomas Dalton wrote:

> I agree - my first draft starts off talking about how we support the
> Ofqual guidance and just mentions the Telegraph at the end. The former
> part should be expanded. The Ofqual issuing this guidance is
> newsworthy, as evidenced by the Telegraph writing about it, so we
> should be mostly talking about that. Please add your "riff" to the
> press release.

Isn't this the topical moment to announce, though, that WMUK will be
posting/has posted on its own wiki a concise but expert-written guide on
how Wikipedia should be used? Amplifying what Ofqual said, and useful
alike to teachers and students. We would of course have to write such a
thing, but that's a matter of cutting GFDL text to length really. (Err,
the site says nothing about GFDL right now.)

Not to complicate the issue, but basically Ofqual have it right, so this
is a good time to get the attention of the teaching profession with our
message. Think perhaps in terms of aiming at the Times Educational
Supplement. What would they likely print about this?

Charles