I see Jon has gone through the 2013 plan cutting it back:

http://uk.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=2013_Activity_Plan&diff=29303&oldid=29136

With a comment on the talk page saying: "adjusted to reflect board
agreement to draw back on 2013 commitments".

I don't know if my suggestion to it cut it back played a part in the
board's decision, but if it did than thank you for listening! However,
I am concerned about the way the budget has been cut back. They've
just gone through reducing each budget item, rather than actually
removing anything (apart from two of the developer posts).

Without a breakdown of the budgets, it is difficult to know what they
are actually planning, but if you want to reduce the budget you have
to do it by planning to do less, not just planning to do it cheaper.
For example, the GLAM conference budget has been cut from £25k to
£15k. If £25k is what it costs to run the conference, then you need to
either budget £25k for it or cancel it. Likewise, the VLE project has
been cut from £10k to £5k - it's a set amount of work, so either you
have to pay what it costs or not do it, you can't just do half of it
(I suppose you could spread it over two years, but that means there
would be very little gain in the first year, so why not just postpone
it completely?).

If you just cut the budget like this, but still plan to do all the
same things, you're just going to find you are going over budget on
everything...