Clever idea Andy, lets hope it  becomes popular
Maybe people could leave a voice sample, a picture? and

*the option of having any of their remaining intellectual property rights
to be given to the world in the event of their death. - ie no 70 years of
waiting for a useful but valueless orphan image
*
Is their a lawyer who thinks this could be done? I was hoping an idea like
this might encourage people to rethink some the idea of slapping copyright
messages on your holiday snaps. Sorry of thats a bit off subject

On 8 February 2013 13:56, Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> How can the UK chapter support the project I started:
>
>    <
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk/open-licensed-format-recordings-voices-wikipedia-wikimedia-commons/
> >

> asking the subjects of Wikipedia articles to record a 10-second sample
> of their speaking voice, for use on those articles?
>
> An example script is "Hello, my name is [name]. I was born in [place]
> and I have been [job or position] since [year]".
>
> So far, the participants:
>
>    <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Voice_intro_project>
>
> include Alice Arnold, Sue Black, Quentin Cooper, Corrie Corfield, Cory
> Doctorow, Jack Schofield, Bill Thompson and Dave Winer; and we've just
> had our first recording in French - but we need many more.
>
> Of course, this isn't limited to article subjects, and it would be a
> good idea if board members and chapter staff would consider adding
> their voices, so they can be identified in conference calls and
> recorded meetings.
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing