*We've been very lucky in finding two developers who know how to keep their
eye on the community pulse and are willing to "go the extra mile" for us
when we need them.*

I'll second that!

As its likely we're changing the date of its meeting, anyone interesting in
knowing more/getting involved in discussions about the planned development
work could do worse than come to the next Tech committee meeting -
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Technology_Committee

:)

On 11 February 2013 20:40, rexx <r...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Agree with Mike on that - and I hope everyone will be pleased to learn
> that we've already been talking to our developers about how best to
> implement a system to ensure a seamless changeover. We've been very lucky
> in finding two developers who know how to keep their eye on the community
> pulse and are willing to "go the extra mile" for us when we need them.
>
> Thanks to all involved in making sure the technology works!
> --
> Rexx
>

> On 11 February 2013 20:31, Michael Peel <michael.p...@wikimedia.org.uk>wrote:

>> > There shouldn't be an issue there. The costs are minimal. Renewal costs
>> for two domain names and maybe a few hours work by the existing IT
>> contractors to transition things and sort out the security concerns that
>> have been raised. The budget can absorb that.
>>
>> The need to have developer resources available to set up QRpedia on WMUK
>> servers, and to maintain and improve it, has been thought about for a while
>> now and was incorporated into this year's developer budget (although the
>> activity plan doesn't explicitly state this).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike

*Katherine Bavage *
*Fundraising Manager *