On 11 April 2013 18:48, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 April 2013 18:33, Chris Keating <chriskeatingw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > Yes, you're right that due to a drafting problem one particular
> combination
> > of votes at the EGM would result in an unanticipated result - we would
> > effect a change in the voting system, but would not have a specified
> maximum
> > number of directors.
>
> There are several combinations that result in problems. Pretty much
> anything other than all passing and all failing is problematic to
> varying degrees.

By "anything" you mean "3 but not 2 (irrespective of 1)". If 3 doesn't pass
we'll still be returning a total of 7 new and continuing trustees at the
AGM.

> > That is a bit irritating but it could be remedied with a motion at the
> AGM
> > to introduce a maximum number of directors. If the maximum of 11
> Directors
> > proposed to the EGM was rejected we would clearly have to have a further
> > debate about how many Directors was the right number.
>
> It is more than irritating to not know the number of seats being
> elected until a few minutes before the election...

The number will be published on the agenda, which is released at the same
time as the candidate list. Although there's no constitutional guarantee of
how far ahead of the meeting the agenda must be published, "a few minutes"
is highly unlikely.