Hi Fae

You may not have seen my message to this list a few weeks ago that I had been
in touch with the Director at Tullie House Museum, who thinks the copyright
notice may be a mistake on their part - however he needed to check with the
curator responsible who was on holiday at the time. I suspect the curator
will be back now so this is a timely reminder to chase this up, which I
will do!

Cheers
Lucy

On 30 August 2017 at 19:50, Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ping :-)
>
> It's been over a month, does anyone know if the Tullie House Museum
> has removed the misleading copyright notices?
>
> If there has been no contact yet, I'd be happy to send off a letter as
> a long term Wikimedia Commons volunteer to the BM and the THM for an
> official response that I can add to the record on Commons.
>
> Thanks,
> Fae
>
> On 28 July 2017 at 13:34, Lucy Crompton-Reid
> <lucy.crompton-r...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
> > Hi Fae, Andy, and all
> >
> > I agree that trying to apply copyright to a 2000 year old item is pretty
> > outrageous, although I'm going to suppose that it stems from ignorance
> > rather than anything else. We have some contacts at the BM although I'm
> not
> > sure about Tullie House Museum, however I'm happy to contact both
> > institutions, in the first instance, to give them the opportunity to
> correct
> > this. I'll let you know how I get on.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Lucy
> >
> > On 28 July 2017 at 13:24, Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk>
> wrote:

> >> Perhaps, but as Fae indicates, it might also cause some movement.
> >>
> >> What's your - WMUK's, I mean - alternative proposed action?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andy Mabbett
> >> @pigsonthewing
> >> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

> > --
> >
> > Lucy Crompton-Reid
> >
> > Chief Executive
> >
> > Wikimedia UK
> >
> > +44 (0) 207 065 0991
> >

> > Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
> > Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered
> > Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A
> 4LT.
> >
> > Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The
> Wikimedia
> > projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia,
> amongst
> > other projects). Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with
> no
> > legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.
> --
> fae...@gmail.com https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Fae

Lucy Crompton-Reid

Chief Executive

Wikimedia UK

+44 (0) 203 372 0762

Office Ground Floor, Europoint, 5 - 11 Lavington Street, London SE1 0NZ.