---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Yohann Thomas" <yohan...@gmail.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2018 2:50 pm
Subject: Project Tiger: List of Internet Stipend Recipients
To: "Wikimedia India Community list" <wikimediaindi...@lists.wikimedia.org>,
"Wikimedia Chapter India Google group" <wmin-memb...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "Manavpreet Kaur" <dr.manavpreetk...@gmail.com>, <dsv...@gmail.com>, <
rayyakka...@wikimedia.org>

Hello one & all

As part of the Project Tiger Community Review Team, we are glad to announce
the list of internet stipend recipients.

* 44 Wikimedians will receive internet stipends. All applicants with 100+
global edits and at least one endorsement were selected to receive the
internet stipend.

* They belong to 15 different Indian language Wikipedia communities.

* 12 among them are females (27% of recipients).

The internet stipend will cover the cost of internet access for the
recipients for a six month period. This will include the cost of monthly
internet access, any deposit for a new connection, and the purchase of any
required equipment like dongle or modem. The stipend will support the cost
of internet access which works best for each recipient be it broadband or
mobile based connection. This support is offered assuming good faith in
order to empower each recipient's contribution to the best of their
ability. We encourage fellow community members to welcome them as usual.

Each recipient will be contacted through their talk pages and contact email
address given on the application form. We plan to disperse this support
before the end of March 2018. Please contact tito at cis-india.org or
tanveer at cis-india.org ,if you need clarification or leave a message on
the talk page.

The review team hopes to publish the list of laptop recipients before the
end of this week.

More details and full list of recipients are available at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Supporting_Indian_Language_
Wikipedias_Program/Support/Internet

Thanks,

Yohann Thomas