---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Käbi Laan <ka...@wikimedia.ee>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023, 7:32 pm
Subject: [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2024 Scholarships Open: Apply Now!
To: <wikimani...@lists.wikimedia.org>, <wikimedi...@lists.wikimedia.org>

* Scholarship applications for Wikimania 2024 are open until December 18!
Apply now for a full or partial scholarship to attend Wikimania in person
in Poland!  This year’s theme will be “Collaboration of the Open”--a
celebration of the ways we work together, in the open and for the larger
open movement, to bring free knowledge to the world. We are working on
finalizing the venue and dates before the end of the year, but can confirm
that Wikimania will be held in Poland sometime between mid-July and
mid-August. To ensure that Wikimedians needing visas for Poland have enough
time to apply, we are starting the scholarships process now. Scholarships
will be available in two forms: - Full scholarship: travel, accommodation,
and registration are provided; - Partial scholarship: accommodation and
registration are provided. Apply for a Wikimania 2024 scholarship now!
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2024:Scholarships> Make sure to share
your experiences during your Wikimedia movement journey and support with
links. Newcomers are encouraged to apply–this year we are aiming for newer
generations of Wikimedians and those who work on connecting the Wikimedia
Movement to the wider open ecosystem of knowledge and culture. The deadline
to apply for a scholarship is December 18, end of the day anywhere in the
world. Applicants will be notified of decisions in the first half of
February. Read more on Wikimania Wiki
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2024:Scholarships>. Have questions?
You can reach the Scholarships Committee directly at
wikimania-scholarsh...@wikimedia.org
<wikimania-scholarsh...@wikimedia.org>. Best, The Wikimania 2024 Core
Organizing Team *