---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Maciej Artur Nadzikiewicz <macieknadzikiew...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023, 7:43 pm
Subject: [Wikimania-l] Re: Wikimania 2024 Scholarships Open: Apply Now!
wikimani...@lists.wikimedia.org>
Cc: <wikimedi...@lists.wikimedia.org>

Hey everyone,

After Käbi's announcement, I would like to share with you more about the
changes we are bringing to the scholarship process for Wikimania 2024!

*What’s new this year?*

*Splitting affiliate staff and volunteer review process:*

   - To ensure fairness in the scholarship review process, we will be
   reviewing volunteer applications separately from those of paid affiliate
   staff. Paid staff's achievements should not be compared to volunteers'
   achievements.
   - *Paid affiliate staff are still eligible for the scholarship*, but
   their contributions will be considered against other staff members only,
   maintaining fair competition for everyone.

*Giving more powers to the Wikimedia Hubs:*

   - Given the Wikimedia Hubs' natural understanding of their local
   communities, we decided to include them in the scholarship process.
   - After the scholarship subcommittee publishes scholarship decisions, we
   will allow for *each currently active Wikimedia Hub [1] to delegate 1-3
   additional Wikimedians to receive a scholarship*.
   - We do this to help ensure regional diversity amongst scholarship
   recipients. We will all benefit from Hubs’ regional knowledge in this
   matter. We hope that this will lead to a more diverse background of
   scholarship recipients and will bring a unique mix of participants to our
   event.

Thank you for your engagement, we are looking forward to your applications!
CEE you at Wikimania 2024!

[1] The list is to be decided by the Core Organizing Team after
conversations with relevant stakeholders

Cheers!
In the name of the Wikimania 2024 Core Organizing Team
--

Maciej Artur Nadzikiewicz (He/him)

Wikimania 2024 Poland – Team Lead

Wikimedia Europe Board Member