Greetings!

Apologies for cross-posting. This is to introduce a new Wikimedia project
called "The AfroCine Project".[1] This new project is dedicated to improving
the coverage of the history, works, people, places, events, etc, that are
associated with the cinema, theatre and arts of Africa, African countries, the
Caribbean, and the diaspora. If you would love to be part of this (or you're
already active in this area), by coordinating local programmes around African
cinema (independently or otherwise) in your community or local Wiki, kindly
list your username or organization as a participant on the meta project page
cited above.

Furthermore, In the months of October and November, we are organizing a global
contest and edit-a-thon tagged: "The Months of African Cinema".[2] If you would
love to join this exciting event, also list your username as a participant on
the English Wikipedia contest page. If you would love to lead this contest (or
any other relevant program) for a non-English Wikipedia community, please feel
free to translate the English Wikiproject page to your local language
Wikipedia, or you can create one from scratch!

If you have any questions, complaints, suggestions, etc., please reach out to
me personally or right here on the mailing list or the project talkpages.

Thank you!

Sam Oyeyele.

[1]https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/The_AfroCine_Project
[2]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_AfroCine/Months_of_African_Cinema