Hoi,
The big problem with Wikipedia and particularly Wikipedians is that they
drown any argument that does not fit them. I find it really telling that
some things are researched as they confirm what we already know and at the
same time when for political reasons decisions are made that lead to the
end of important projects like Wikipedia Zero there is no research in the
consequences to the use of Wikipedia in the face of the absense of it.

The same is true for the support Google gives to Wikisource for the
digitisation of books in the Indian languages. In the political world the
argument is that it is self serving of Google and the benefits are not
seen/considered. There are many more examples, suffice to say that
Wikipeidia and particularly English Wikipedia is overrated.
Thanks,
      GerardM