Indeed a very interesting direction.  I suggested it during the Wikisource
Conference in 2016 (Vienna) as one distinguishing feature Wikisource
*could* develop to differentiate itself from various other text
repositories like Project Gutenberg, HathiTrust, etc.  But WMF is not ready
to allocate engineering resources to this, and there hasn't been a
volunteer attempt, as far as I know.

   A.

Asaf Bartov (he/him/his)

Senior Program Officer, Emerging Wikimedia Communities

https://donate.wikimedia.org