Thanks Ilario,
That's very good general advice but would you have more concrete and
specific ones?
For instance, what would you change on
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Baltimore_American/Volume_192/Issue_34,925/Travel_by_Balloon
or
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Poetical_Works_of_William_Motherwell/The_Crusader%27s_Farewell
?

For everyone :
Plus, the problem is not *better* indexing (that would be great of course),
the problem here is that a lot (if not most) Wikisource pages are *not*
indexed!
If you type "when men went up in balloons" or "The banners rustle in the
breeze" in Google (taken from the previous examples), Wikisource doesn't
appear at all (and for other examples, when it does, it's incomplete and
with a long delay of - at least - several months, the first example was
done last week, the second was created in February!).
That's why some of us suspect something is wrong somewhere (maybe because
of the proofread extension ? and that Google doesn't "see" our pages.

Cheers,
Nicolas