Hello everyone,

On behalf of the Parsing Team @ the WMF, I am announcing our plans to replace Tidy with Remex on the next set of wikis.

On March 13th, we plan to turn off Tidy on about 100 wikis that have fewer than 25 issues in all high-priority linter categories [1].

On March 14th, we plan to turn off Tidy on mzn, ko, nl, war, ceb wikipedias [2].

Later in the month, probably March 20th, we plan to turn off Tidy on all wikiversities [3] and wikimedia chapter / user group wikis [4]. This step requires a bit more investigation to identify if all those wikis are ready for the switch.

In February, we replaced Tidy on all wikinews wikis [5], private wikis [6], and a bunch of miscellaneous wikis [7]. Once we are done with this round in March, about 600 wikis on the wikimedia cluster would have had Tidy replaced. We plan to complete this switch on all wikis (about 900) by July 2018.

If you have any questions or concerns, please leave a comment on the associated phabricator tickets or leave a message on mw.org [8].

Thanks,

Subbu.

[8] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help_talk:Extension:Linter