Everyone on all Wikimedia wikis has been logged out, and will have to log
back in again.

This was done out of an abundance of caution, after we received one (1)
user report of being logged in as someone else.

Said report coincided with the deployment of a new MediaWiki release which
caused other problems around User session objects; this is possibly related
and under active investigation.

We believe the number of possibly-affected users was small, and that the
time window in which the error was possible was short.  However, we believe
that resetting all sessions is a prudent measure to ensure that the impact
is limited.

More details to follow, after technical investigation has determined a
cause.  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T264370

Apologies for the disruption,
--

Chris Danis (he/him)