William,

> Yes, a simple restriction like this tends to create smarter villains
> rather than less villainy. Filtering on an obvious, easy-to-change
> characteristic also destroys a useful source of information on who the
> bad people are, making future abuse prevention efforts harder.

Thanks for insights.  But no.

We don't use UA as first step of analysis, it was helpful tertiary tool, that
put these people into "ignorant or malicious" category.
If they'd have spoofed their UAs, we'd block the IPs and inform upstreams, as
fully malicious behavior.
If they had nice UA, we might have attempted to contact them or have isolated
their workload until the issue is fixed ;-)

Domas