On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:18 PM, John Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> With this solution, it is now possible to determine how much of the
> traffic was from valid services.  i.e. google translate and other
> useful services will identify themselves

And what separates google translate from other useful services which hotload
Wikipedia (other than the $2 million, which is not to say that $2 million is
a bad reason to separate it, but let's at least be honest if that's the
reason)?

> I am even less in favour of Domas retiring to an armchair, and think
> that anyone suggesting that is deluding themselves about Wikimedia's
> need of Domas, and Domas' reason for volunteering.

Well, I never did say I was in favor of it.  I merely pointed out his
hypocrisy in claiming that he would love to have it be so.