On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 12:30:35 -0700, Brion Vibber wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Dan Nessett <dness...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Some have mentioned the possibility of using the wiki family logic to
>> help achieve these objectives. Do you have any thoughts on this? If you
>> think it is a good idea, how do we find out more about it?
>>

> I'd just treat it same as any other wiki. Whether you're running one or
> multiple wiki instances out of one copy of the code base, it just
> doesn't make a difference here.
>
> -- brion

Not to hammer this point to hard, but there is another reason for
supporting switching in of temporary resources.

We have one worked example of a Selenium test - PagedTiffHandler. During
the course of its execution, it uploads some tiff files to test some of
its functionality. Currently, once an image is uploded, there is no way
to completely delete it (short of drastic administrative action involving
raw database manipulation). So, running PagedTiffHandler twice doesn't
work unless you switch in temporary resources on each run that are then
deleted at the end of the run.

--
-- Dan Nessett