On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:10:24 -0700, Brion Vibber wrote:

> + URLs identify test wikis. Only one regression test can run at time on
>> any one of these. How do you synchronize regression test initiation so
>> there is some sort of lock on a test wiki currently running a
>> regression test?
>>

> Simplest way would be to have one wiki (database + URL) for each
> regression test ("test1234wiki"), or even for each run of each
> regression test ("test1234run432wiki").
>
> These could be created/removed as needed through simple shell scripting.
>
> -- brion

Not sure I get this. Here is what I understand would happen when a
developer checks in a revision:

+ A script runs that manages the various regression tests run on the
revision (e.g., parserTests, PHPUnit tests, the Selenium-based regression
test).

+ The Selenium regression test needs a URL to work with. There are a
fixed set of these defined in httpd.conf.

+ Before assigning one of these to the regression test run, there is a
requirement that it isn't currently busy running a regression test for a
different revision. So, you need resource access control on the URLs.

+ Once you have an idle URL, you can initialize the wiki per your
previous comments, including loading the revision into the directory
associated with the URL.

How does this fit into the idea of using a wiki per regression test or
regression test run?

--
-- Dan Nessett