2010/9/30 Maciej Jaros <e...@wp.pl>:
> The problem with fully minified without any vertical white space code to
> me is that you cannot read this. Well I can't and Firebug can't and any
> other debugger AFAIK.
Minified code does not contain zero line breaks. Some line breaks are
left in, although I don't understand exactly what the logic is there.
Looking at a large minified file, the longest line I see is 1700ish
characters, and that one contains a long array of strings; 'real' code
lines don't seem to exceed 1000 characters, and most seem to be below
600.

It's true that debuggers struggle with this. Firebug has no problem
with jumping from one statement to the next if there's a dozen
statements on one line, but of course setting breakpoints is still
line-based so that's not very helpful.

However, Trevor's main point is that you shouldn't be /trying/ to read
or debug minified code, because we have a debug mode to give you
unminified (and uncombined) code.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)