MZMcBride wrote:

> Guillaume Paumier wrote:
>> The installation of ResourceLoader may cause compatibility issues
>> with
>> existing JavaScript code.
>
> It'd be nice to have a list of things that will definitely be
> problematic
> (must be fixed), things that might be problematic (should be fixed),
> and
> things that are generally discouraged (can be fixed).
>
> For example, Meta-Wiki was returning completely blank pages due to
> the use
> of document.write() on pages that contained a particular CSS class. If
> document.write() is completely disallowed, it should be noted
> somewhere
> prominently along with other problematic or possibly problematic
> bits of
> code. I briefly checked http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader
> but
> didn't see this kind of list off-hand.

> I wrote http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader/Coding_changes
> as a
> stub, though shortly after doing so, I discovered
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader/Documentation/Migration_guide
> which was commented out from the list of documentation pages. It may
> or may
> not make sense to merge these pages (it's still a little unclear to
> me who
> the migration guide is intended for).
>
> MZMcBride

I've moved the page to:
        http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader/Migration_guide_(users)
And the other one to:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader/Migration_guide_(developers)

The other page is/will be more oriented on the backend (ie. what
Extensions developers
should change, how to load the files, where to define the modules, etc.)

Which, in turn, reminds me of:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader/Documentation/Using_with_extensions
Which should probably be merged into Migration_guide_(developers).

--
Krinkle