I think the debate is more Meta wiki or MediaWiki.org.

Petr - my understanding is that Huggle can be utilized by non-WMF wikis.  As
such, I'd recommend (or advocate for) MediaWiki.org to house it.  Probably in
the main namespace - which (again - as I understand it) houses things specific
to MediaWiki software that isn't documentation (Manual:), extensions
(Extension:) or API (API:) related.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've generally understand the division
between the two development wikis (not counting the operations wiki) as:

- MediaWiki.org:  Anything software development related to the MediaWiki
software itself - including supplementals - so long as it is not WMF-exclusive
- such as extensions, MW manual, non-app mobile code, etc.

- Meta's Developer Hub:  Anything software development exclusive to WMF
projects (but not necessarily project specific) - such as toolserver, WMF
specific bots (outside pywikipedia), WP mobile apps (I imagine a lot of work
would be required to make them work for non-WP sites), SUL, etc.

My two cents.  :)

-greg aka varnent