I originally wrote:
> * Right now, everyone listed at
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/System_administrators as having shell
> access can make a Gerrit/Labsconsole account, and should say yes to
> everyone who asks, except for known malicious persons.  There is no
> other publicly available list that's better, so this is the list of
> people newbies can ping to ask for accounts.

I've updated
https://labsconsole.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Access#Access_FAQ  with the
new list of names, but everything else in my summary is still accurate.

> * Instead of relying on pinging individuals, it would be nice if there
> were a queue/requests page, but there is none right now.

Still true.  I will make one next week.

> * We have to decide whether to just create Gerrit accounts for all
> existing SVN committers.  Chad has the committer USERINFO necessary to
> create Gerrit accounts for nearly all our SVN committers, but not all.

I've decided that we shall just create Gerrit accounts for all the SVN
committers who already have email addresses listed in their Subversion
USERINFO.  Ryan can script that for me and will do that next week.  Then
we'll mention that on wikitech-l and via other communications channels,
and they can go to
https://labsconsole.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:PasswordReset to get a
password and login.  Even if it's only half of the committers, that's
still 200 accounts we don't have to create.

> * Chad and Ryan are interested in improving the signup process so that
> anyone can register for an account without having to ask a gatekeeper,
> but there's no timeline for this.

This is still true.

> * After the switch, if anyone submits a patch in Bugzilla, we should
> encourage them to get a Gerrit account and just push there in the future.

This is still our plan.  Also: There's no autolinking from Gerrit to
Bugzilla yet, but we'll work on it (bug 35144).  For now, when referring
to a Git diff, please paste changeset "Change ID"s, or the changeset
number in the Gerrit changeset URL, into the BZ comment. Both are
globally unique.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator