Le 28/03/12 17:54, Greg Sabino Mullane a écrit :
> What's the standard way to reply to a comment someone has made
> to one of your commits? Nothing was obvious in the interface, so
> I just did a "Review" with a score of 0 (obviously :). Drawbacks
> to this way:
>
> * It really shouldn't be giving me the option to +1 my own commit
> * I now show up as a reviewer, which is odd
> * It calls up a new page, so I cannot see the comment I am replying to
>
> Not a big deal, but I am wondering if there is a better way.

The reason you show up as a reviewer of your "own" patchset is that
people will amend it and you will have to review changes made to your
original code.  That also explain why you are allowed to +1 on a change
you have created.

Spelled differently, consider anything you push to Gerrit is no more
your but instead a gift to the community. You will have the
responsibility to have it reviewed and follow up on reviews.

The way Gerrit work, people are supposed to write their comments
directly inside the files differences where you can reply and be really
precise as to which area of the code you comment on (just click a line).
The textarea below the patchsets list is just about introducing all the
comments you did in the various files. Hence the "Cover message:" label.

In conclusion, that is not a forum like we used to have on
Special:CodeReview.  I believe serious issues should be bring back to
wikitech-l for further discussion or the bug report if there is any.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso