On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Kim Eik <k...@heldig.org> wrote:

> I have created a patch for the gallery tag and have been given the
> following review.
>
> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/4609
>
> * JavaScript injection: you can inject javascript: URIs which execute
> code when clicked
> * plain links ("link=Firefox") are taken as relative URLs which will
> randomly work or not work depending on where they're viewed from
> * need parser test cases to demo it working
>
> So my questions are:
>
> What would be the recommended way of stripping away javascript from
> uris? Are there any shared functions which do exactly this?

You should check to see how the 'link' parameter is handled on standalone
images.

In Parser::makeImage() look for the "case 'link':"; it uses existing
regexes to check if the link matches allowed URL schemes, and if not tries
to treat it as a page title.

And how would i solve the plain links problem? do a regex check for an
> absolute uri? e.g http://example.org/foo/bar?
> And what is "parser test cases", phpunit tests? or some other form of
> testing?

Parser test cases live in tests/parser/parserTests.txt, and can be run both
through the phpunit test suite and through the standalone parserTests.php
-- so a parser test failure should trigger a Jenkins test failure.

Each test case specifies input wikitext and output HTML, to confirm that
things operate as expected.

-- brion