On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Mark A. Hershberger <m...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:
>    I am the maintainer of the mediawiki package for Fedora EPEL
>    project. While putting together the package for 1.19 it was found
>    that the license to maintenance/cssjanus is ASL 2.0 and the license
>    for mediawiki is GPL+2.0. The GPL 2. and ASL 2. are not "compatible"
>    to the FSF so I am trying to work out my options and to find out
>    what the mediawiki's projects rationale for bundling the two items
>    together.
>
>    1) cssjanus has a GPL exception to its ASL license that mediawiki knows of.

This is an actual problem that we need to fix :\ Either we need some
kind of license exception as suggested, or we'll need to find something
to replace it that's compatible (or do it ourselves...)

>    2) we need to look at mediawiki being used as GPL 3.0 even though it
>    is not explicitely licensed that way.

I'm not 100% sure what's being asked here? Is this a request to relicense
MediaWiki under GPLv3 instead of v2? Or is this a question of it being
mis-licensed under v3 when we actually specify v2? Clarification is
needed :)

-Chad