I don't want to give this right to all engineers because setting up new
repositories is more than just choosing the name. There's also the issue of
understanding how Gerrit permissions work so you can set them up properly.
I did make a new "Project Creators" group that I'm more than willing to add
people to, once they've learned Gerrit permissions.

In addition, unless you make a group you're in the owner of the repo (which
can't be done via the GUI, only the CLI--this is a bug), you won't be able
to set permissions at all (this is by design).

So yeah, its not as easy as it sounds on the tin, so I don't want to hand
this out en masse. In an ideal world, I want us to have a special page
where people can request repos and we can automate the icky backend stuff.

-Chad