Hi

I only want to grap a chance to point you (the community meant) but explicitly
(from a currently stated reply) to your (plural your) subjective view:

> > But I wouldn't really want to do that within some textarea
> > interface within MediaWiki. Maybe, for the purpose of educating
> > users, there should be some way to pretty print XML source
> > of the SVG file - but unless there is a decent XML node editor
This is your concret personal opinion for your feeling of your private
situation.
But if we would hace realized my identical administration to text-namespace of
SVG-namespace then you still can download any (old) version to whatever and
howevery you can and like edited/change locally and after this completely
upload the data as a new version (ignoring simply all additional features).
On the other hand, as long as we have not realized my aim, I can't work as I
like do to!
So your subject feeling is supported in either of the two cases, but mine not.
:-/
You argue here like my aim would destroy current possibilities, but in reality
the current one denys many possibilities/options. This is a far more objective
over-all-estimate. And the price/effort for realization is ridiculous low, IMHO.

Regards
achim