On 23 August 2012 08:18, Siebrand Mazeland (WMF)
<smazel...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Tim Starling <tstarl...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> But Lua is so fast compared to
>> wikitext that our Lua developers will have to exercise a lot of
>> creativity to find applications that will exceed the performance limits.
>
> Famous words, kept in the archives forever :).

How they will know?  Theres some way to get feedback about this, like
"rendering time: 3.8 seconds".

I read this mail-list for pure entertainment. I am trying to imagine
what cool things lua will allow. But seems more a improvement of
speed.  Speed will allow cool things to happen. So is more like a
indirect improvement (and probably a huge one).  Speed is sexy but not
much entertaining at first, seems a enabler.

So..  This is great news!, and herald of other awesome things to come :DDD

ℱin del ℳensaje.