On 2012-08-23, at 2:42 AM, Siebrand Mazeland (WMF) wrote:

> The graph for new changesets fluctuates a lot. I would guess this is
> due to change sets submitted by user l10n-bot. Maybe it's a good idea
> to filter those out, to get a  line that's a little easier to
> interpret.

Hey Siebrand,

I prefer to keep the data collection as simple as possible. One way of fixing
this issue is as follows:

1) Go to http://gerrit-stats.wmflabs.org/graphs/mediawiki/edit
2) Click on 'Options'
3) Click on 'Advanced' (right side of screen)
4) Click on 'rollPeriod' (bottom of screen, yellow box)
5) This allows to create a moving average, so you can replace the 1 with 7
meaning that each datapoint is the average of the past 7 days. This option
applies to both metrics but it really smooths out the outliers.

If you want to save this then please use another slug name (click on 'Info')
and replace 'slug' and then click 'Save' else you will have changed Robla's
original chart.

Best,