No it doesn't violate the same origin policy. Same origin policy only
>> prevents reading information from other websites, it does not stop you
>> from executing content from other websites (Which always seemed an odd
>> distinction to me...). Thus you can use the api with a callback
>> parameter to get around the same origin policy.

Ouch.... this is a little bit above my skill & understanding (really I
discovered AJAX not far ago). . Where can I find some examples of API
inter-project data exchage wth callback parameter?

I.e: I'd like to get the raw content and the html rendering
of File:I_promessi_sposi_(1840).djvu from wikisource, with an AJAX callback
call. Which is the needed code?

:-(

Alex