On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Mark Holmquist <mtrac...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
>> As true as all this is, some of us would prefer to keep an advertising
>> giant like Google out of our business as much as possible.
>

> Or alternatively, a non-free software giant like Google. But it comes to
> roughly the same conclusion.

That's nice, but as a business decision the wikimedia foundation has
decided to host our corporate email with Google.  For personal mail we
all have the choice of whatever system we would like, but this
business decision has been made for us, and if someone wants a
wikimedia.org address, I don't think it's an onerous burden to require
that they use our current infrastructure to access it, instead of
requiring us to do a lot of difficult workarounds.  Unless I've missed
something, using wikimedia.org for non-employees is a option, not a
necessity.

Leslie

> --
> Mark Holmquist