Hi Andre,

On Dec 3, 2012, at 7:51 PM, Andre Klapper <aklap...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 19:40 +0100, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
>> Compare e.g.
>> <https://www.ohloh.net/p/mediawiki/contributors?query=&sort=commits>
>> Also,
>> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/weekly-bug-summary.cgi?tops=10&days=100000
>> proves
>> they're not talking of the whole bugzilla but then they don't say which
>> components.
>
> Would be helpful to mention the exact dataset you refer to.
>
> Also I'd rather challenge weekly-bug-summary.cgi's results:
> MediaWiki extensions has 2031 open bugs, and only 1883 have been filed
> in the last 100000 days?
> => 148 bug reports got opened more than 274 years ago?
>
> But maybe I fail to read weekly-bug-summary.cgi correctly.

Well, you don't. I think the UI is just misleading because the 100000 days are
just automatically positioned in the table header. The script does not account
for the "real age" of the bug.

The oldest bug with the number 1 has been created by Brion on Aug 10, 2004.
Between this day and today are 3039 days (including today). Therefore, by
replacing the number of days in the request, the same result occurs. At least
in my data, the first bug has been closed on May 22, 2005 which are then 2754
days... But now it becomes complicated because there are too many changes that
do not show up in my data (that are based on the bugzilla API). But you get my
point :)

However, I very much like the Bitergia stats - very good first step.

> andre
> --
> Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
> http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/