After Sumana's summary of the wmf5 phase2 deployment (last Wednesday) at
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2012-November/064718.html
we ran into similar issues again yesterday night when deploying to
English Wikipedia (phase3).

According to Ryan in bug 42452 , this time "The problem seems to be that
ResourceLoader isn't delivering the updated CSS." Some minutes later
Ryan "touched and synced the startup.js and
ext.vector.collapsibleNav.css files. Seems to be working correctly now."

Still, we have several users that state that after purging their browser
cache they *still* face issues:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(technical)#What_just_happened_to_the_UI.3F

Can anyone shed some light on how affected users can track down and help
to fix the underlying problems here, if possible?
What could users try, and which data could they provide?

Obviously I'd love to avoid ending up with the same situation (and
"lively" Village Pump discussions) again tomorrow when deploying wmf5 to
all other Wikipedias.

andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler